Mawi Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.3 °C
Mawi in South Lombok is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the best time of year for waves. Offshore winds are from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. A left hand reef. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall Mawi Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at Mawi through an average July... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mawi surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lombok - South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mawi
Tide stations nearest to Mawi:
- Closest tide stationMataram21 mi
- Second closest tide stationDenpasar67 mi
- Third closest tide stationSingaraja90 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSumbawa Besar91 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBanjar95 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mawi:
- Closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)2712 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)2712 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2720 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)2721 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Stirling (Australia)2722 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mawi:
- Closest city locationMataram21 mi
- Second closest city locationKlungkung58 mi
- Third closest city locationDenpasar67 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTabanan75 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSingaraja90 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Mawi is Selaparang (Mataram) Airport (AMI) in Indonesia, which is 38 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mawi is Bali International (Denpasar) Airport (DPS), also in Indonesia, 110 km (68 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Sumbawa Besar Airport (SWG), also in Indonesia, 145 km (90 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mawi, Lombok - South. Use the tab navigation above to view Mawi sea temperature, Mawi photographs, Mawi detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mawi webcams, current wind from Lombok - South live weather stations and Mawi tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mawi.