Mawgan Porth Spot ID
Photo credit: Bernard
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.4 °C
Mawgan Porth in North Cornwall is a fairly exposed river break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the east. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. Waves at the river tend to peel to the left. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Mawgan Porth Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Mawgan Porth through a typical J... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mawgan Porth surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (North) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mawgan Porth
Tide stations nearest to Mawgan Porth:
- Closest tide stationNewquay5 mi
- Second closest tide stationWadebridge9 mi
- Third closest tide stationTruro14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint Austell15 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPar16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mawgan Porth:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre264 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise294 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club315 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYad Moss315 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHarwood Common316 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mawgan Porth:
- Closest city locationPlymouth39 mi
- Second closest city locationBarnstaple60 mi
- Third closest city locationNewton Abbot63 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPaignton65 mi
- Fifth closest city locationExeter68 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Mawgan Porth is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mawgan Porth is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 143 km (89 miles) away.
- Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Mawgan Porth and is 157 km (98 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mawgan Porth, Cornwall (North). Use the tab navigation above to view Mawgan Porth sea temperature, Mawgan Porth photographs, Mawgan Porth detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mawgan Porth webcams, current wind from Cornwall (North) live weather stations and Mawgan Porth tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mawgan Porth.