Mawgan Porth Spot ID
Photo credit: Bernard
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.3 °C
Mawgan Porth in North Cornwall is a fairly exposed river break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the east. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. Waves at the river tend to peel to the left. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Newquay, 8 km from Mawgan Porth.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Newquay, 5 km from Mawgan Porth.
|moderate winds from the NW|
Dry and partly cloudy
At Sevenstones Buoy, 53 miles from Mawgan Porth.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||5||5||6||5|
Overall Mawgan Porth Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Mawgan Porth over a normal September... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mawgan Porth surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (North) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mawgan Porth
Tide stations nearest to Mawgan Porth:
- Closest tide stationNewquay5 mi
- Second closest tide stationWadebridge9 mi
- Third closest tide stationTruro14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint Austell15 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPar16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mawgan Porth:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)264 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)294 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)315 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)315 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)316 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mawgan Porth:
- Closest city locationPlymouth (United Kingdom)39 mi
- Second closest city locationBarnstaple (United Kingdom)60 mi
- Third closest city locationNewton Abbot (United Kingdom)63 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPaignton (United Kingdom)65 mi
- Fifth closest city locationExeter (United Kingdom)68 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Mawgan Porth is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mawgan Porth is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 143 km (89 miles) away.
- Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Mawgan Porth and is 157 km (98 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mawgan Porth, Cornwall (North). Use the tab navigation above to view Mawgan Porth sea temperature, Mawgan Porth photographs, Mawgan Porth detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mawgan Porth webcams, current wind from Cornwall (North) live weather stations and Mawgan Porth tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mawgan Porth.