Matosinhos Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.0 °C
Matosinhos in North Portugal is an exposed beach and reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Hazards include urchins, rips, rocks, man-made danger (buoys etc...) and pollution.
Overall Matosinhos Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Matosinhos through an average Octobe... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Matosinhos surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Douro & Minho surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Matosinhos
Tide stations nearest to Matosinhos:
- Closest tide stationLeixoes1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSenhora da Hora2 mi
- Third closest tide stationPorto4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationVila Nova de Gaia5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLavra6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Matosinhos:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)83 mi
- Second closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)104 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)167 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)167 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValgrande-Pajares (Spain)195 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Matosinhos:
- Closest city locationMatosinhos (Portugal)1 mi
- Second closest city locationSenhora da Hora (Portugal)2 mi
- Third closest city locationCanidelo (Portugal)4 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPorto (Portugal)4 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSao Mamede de Infesta (Portugal)5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Matosinhos is Porto Airport (OPO) in Acores, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Matosinhos is Vila Real Airport (VRL), also in Acores, 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Third is Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain, 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Braganca Airport (BGC) in Acores is 182 km (113 miles) away.
- Santiago Airport (SCQ) in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Matosinhos and is 193 km (120 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Matosinhos, Douro & Minho. Use the tab navigation above to view Matosinhos sea temperature, Matosinhos photographs, Matosinhos detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Matosinhos webcams, current wind from Douro & Minho live weather stations and Matosinhos tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Matosinhos.