Mataval Bay Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Mataval Bay in Tahiti is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the north northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. It very rarely gets crowded here. Hazards include rocks and sharks.
Overall Mataval Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Mataval Bay through a typi... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mataval Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tahiti surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mataval Bay
Tide stations nearest to Mataval Bay:
- Closest tide stationMataiva2 mi
- Second closest tide stationMahina2 mi
- Third closest tide stationFare Ute Point, Papeete Harbor6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPunaauia12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPaea14 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mataval Bay:
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)2577 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)2579 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)2583 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)2653 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2787 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mataval Bay:
- Closest city locationPapeete7 mi
- Second closest city locationFaaa8 mi
- Third closest city locationPunaauia12 mi
- Fourth closest city locationApia (Samoa)1501 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLabasa (Fiji)2058 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Mataval Bay is Temae (Moorea) Airport (MOZ) in French Polynesia, which is 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Mataval Bay is Huahine Airport (HUH), also in French Polynesia, 187 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mataval Bay, Tahiti. Use the tab navigation above to view Mataval Bay sea temperature, Mataval Bay photographs, Mataval Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mataval Bay webcams, current wind from Tahiti live weather stations and Mataval Bay tide predictions. The French Polynesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing French Polynesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from French Polynesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mataval Bay.