Matagorda Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Matagorda Spot ID
Photo credit: brian johnson
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.3 °C
Matagorda in Texas is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. The optimum conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Offshore winds are from the northwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the best wave direction is from the east. The beach breaks favour rights. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rips, obstacles, sharks and jellyfish.
At Matagorda (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Brazos 451 Oilp, 28 km from Matagorda.
|fresh winds from the ESE|
Haze dry and partly cloudy
At Freeport Buoy, 60 miles from Matagorda.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||7||8||7|
Overall Matagorda Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Matagorda through a typica... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Matagorda surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Matagorda
Visitor Reviews of Matagorda
Tide stations nearest to Matagorda:
- Closest tide stationPalacios16 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort O'Connor, Matagorda Bay26 mi
- Third closest tide stationPass Cavallo30 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPort Lavaca, Matagorda Bay37 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSeadrift, San Antonio Bay46 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Matagorda:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)656 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Creek (United States)751 mi
- Third closest ski areaHidden Valley (United States)755 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)760 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAngel Fire Resort (United States)763 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Matagorda:
- Closest city locationLake Jackson (United States)45 mi
- Second closest city locationVictoria (United States)63 mi
- Third closest city locationRosenberg (United States)68 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSugar Land (United States)74 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMissouri City (United States)76 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Matagorda is Palacios Muni Airport (PSX) in USA, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Matagorda is Scholes International At Galveston Airport (GLS), also in USA, 133 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is William P Hobby (Houston) Airport (HOU) in USA, 136 km (84 miles) away.
- Ellington Fld (Houston) Airport (EFD) in USA is 139 km (86 miles) away.
- George Bush Intcntl Houston Airport (IAH), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Matagorda and is 167 km (104 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Matagorda, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Matagorda sea temperature, Matagorda photographs, Matagorda detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Matagorda webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Matagorda tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Matagorda.