Maspalomas Spot ID
Photo credit: Emilio Pérez
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell S | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.6 °C
Maspalomas in Gran Canaria is an exposed beach and reef break that only works once in a while. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Take care to avoid the rocks.
Overall Maspalomas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Maspalomas over a normal Februar... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Maspalomas surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gran Canaria surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Maspalomas
- The closest passenger airport to Maspalomas is Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) in Canary Islands, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Maspalomas is Tenerife Sur Airport (TFS), also in Canary Islands, 102 km (63 miles) away.
- Third is Tenerife Norte Airport (TFN) in Canary Islands, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Fuerteventura Airport (FUE) in Canary Islands is 188 km (117 miles) away.
- Hierro Airport (VDE), also in Canary Islands is the fifth nearest airport to Maspalomas and is 226 km (140 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Maspalomas, Gran Canaria. Use the tab navigation above to view Maspalomas sea temperature, Maspalomas photographs, Maspalomas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Maspalomas webcams, current wind from Gran Canaria live weather stations and Maspalomas tide predictions. The Spain (Africa) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Africa) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Africa) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Maspalomas.