Maspalomas Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Gran Canaria, Spain)
Maspalomas Spot ID
Photo credit: Emilio Pérez
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell S | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.9 °C
Maspalomas in Gran Canaria is an exposed beach and reef break that only works once in a while. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Take care to avoid the rocks.
Overall Maspalomas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at Maspalomas through a typical... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Maspalomas surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gran Canaria surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Maspalomas
Visitor Reviews of Maspalomas
Tide stations nearest to Maspalomas:
- Closest tide stationPlaya del Ingles2 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Rico8 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Nicolas21 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAgaete26 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationArucas27 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Maspalomas:
- Closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)521 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)736 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)961 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)989 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)1039 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Maspalomas:
- Closest city locationSanta Lucia (Spain)12 mi
- Second closest city locationSan Bartolome (Spain)13 mi
- Third closest city locationAguimes (Spain)15 mi
- Fourth closest city locationIngenio (Spain)16 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTelde (Spain)21 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Maspalomas is Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) in Canary Islands, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Maspalomas is Tenerife Sur Airport (TFS), also in Canary Islands, 102 km (63 miles) away.
- Third is Tenerife Norte Airport (TFN) in Canary Islands, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Fuerteventura Airport (FUE) in Canary Islands is 188 km (117 miles) away.
- Hierro Airport (VDE), also in Canary Islands is the fifth nearest airport to Maspalomas and is 226 km (140 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Maspalomas, Gran Canaria. Use the tab navigation above to view Maspalomas sea temperature, Maspalomas photographs, Maspalomas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Maspalomas webcams, current wind from Gran Canaria live weather stations and Maspalomas tide predictions. The Spain (Africa) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Africa) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Africa) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Maspalomas.