Masonboro Inlet Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.3 °C
Masonboro Inlet in North Carolina is a fairly exposed beach/Jetty break that does not work very often with no particular seasonal pattern. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. Waves at the beach tend to peel to the left. Often Crowded. Beware of rips and sharks.
Overall Masonboro Inlet Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Masonboro Inlet over... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Masonboro Inlet surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Masonboro Inlet
Visitor Reviews of Masonboro Inlet
“Mace sucks so bad”
Bobski from UNITED STATES - 25 Sep 2012
- The closest passenger airport to Masonboro Inlet is Wilmington International Airport (ILM) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Masonboro Inlet is New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA), also in USA, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA, 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Cherry Point Mcas Airport (NKT) in USA is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Craven Co Rgnl (New Bern) Airport (EWN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Masonboro Inlet and is 122 km (76 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Masonboro Inlet, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Masonboro Inlet sea temperature, Masonboro Inlet photographs, Masonboro Inlet detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Masonboro Inlet webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Masonboro Inlet tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Masonboro Inlet.