Martinique Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Nova Scotia, Canada)
Martinique Spot ID
Best: Swell ESE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 1.5 °C
Martinique in East Shore is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest with some shelter here from southwest winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
For Lawrencetown Left Point, 8 km from Martinique.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Halifax, 25 km from Martinique.
|light winds from the NNW|
At Halifax Harbour Buoy, 17 miles from Martinique.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||7|
Overall Martinique Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph shows the combination of swells directed at Martinique through an average Apr... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different d... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Martinique surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nova Scotia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Martinique
Visitor Reviews of Martinique
“Fantastic beach break, wide open, with several breaks to choose from. Fast hollow waves, sandy bottom, fun to ride. Onshore winds by 10:30 AM. Lots of mosquitoes and black flies. It is best to bring a bug shelter, especially for those that will stay at the shore. No food and beverage available nearby either, you must come prepared.”
Waveblaster from CANADA - 04 Aug 2014
Tide stations nearest to Martinique:
- Closest tide stationChezzetcook Inlet8 mi
- Second closest tide stationJeddore Harbour8 mi
- Third closest tide stationSalmon River Bridge8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLittle Harbour15 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCole Harbour16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Martinique:
- Closest ski areaSki Martock (Canada)53 mi
- Second closest ski areaSki Wentworth (Canada)70 mi
- Third closest ski areaSir Sam's Ski & Snowboard (Canada)178 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Cape Smokey (Canada)190 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBigrock Ski Area (United States)193 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Martinique:
- Closest city locationHalifax (Canada)21 mi
- Second closest city locationCharlottetown (Canada)108 mi
- Third closest city locationMoncton (Canada)124 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSaint John (Canada)148 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCape Breton (Canada)177 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Martinique is Shearwater (Halifax) Airport (YAW) in Canada, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Martinique is Halifax International Airport (YHZ), also in Canada, 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is Greenwood Airport (YZX) in Canada, 143 km (89 miles) away.
- Charlottetown Airport (YYG) in Canada is 179 km (111 miles) away.
- Greater Moncton International Airport (YQM), also in Canada is the fifth nearest airport to Martinique and is 199 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Martinique, Nova Scotia. Use the tab navigation above to view Martinique sea temperature, Martinique photographs, Martinique detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Martinique webcams, current wind from Nova Scotia live weather stations and Martinique tide predictions. The Canada swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Canada and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Canada wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Martinique.