Marina Grande Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.8 °C
Marina Grande in Caracas Area is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the south. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall Marina Grande Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Marina Grande through a typic... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Marina Grande surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caracas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Marina Grande
Ski Resorts closest to Marina Grande:
- The closest passenger airport to Marina Grande is Simon Bolivar International (Caracas) Airport (CCS) in Venezuela, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Marina Grande is Arturo Michelena International (Valencia) Airport (VLN), also in Venezuela, 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Third is General Bartolome Salom International (Puerto Cabello) Airport (PBL) in Venezuela, 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Valle De La Pascua Airport (VDP) in Venezuela is 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Sub Teniente Nestor Arias (San Felipe) Airport (SFH), also in Venezuela is the fifth nearest airport to Marina Grande and is 200 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Marina Grande, Caracas. Use the tab navigation above to view Marina Grande sea temperature, Marina Grande photographs, Marina Grande detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Marina Grande webcams, current wind from Caracas live weather stations and Marina Grande tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Marina Grande.