Marina Grande Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Marina Grande Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.5 °C
Marina Grande in Caracas Area is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the south. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of the strong rips here.
For Maiquetia, 1 km from Marina Grande.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Caracas Airport/Aeropuerto Internacional Simon Bolivar, 5 km from Marina Grande.
|light winds from the NE|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall Marina Grande Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Marina Grande through an average... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Marina Grande surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caracas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Marina Grande
Visitor Reviews of Marina Grande
Tide stations nearest to Marina Grande:
- Closest tide stationMaiquetia1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCaracas5 mi
- Third closest tide stationLa Guaira5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCatia La Mar6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPuerto Cabello83 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Marina Grande:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1548 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1876 mi
- Third closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1971 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1975 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1977 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Marina Grande:
- Closest city locationMaiquetia (Venezuela)1 mi
- Second closest city locationCaracas (Venezuela)5 mi
- Third closest city locationLa Guaira (Venezuela)5 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCatia La Mar (Venezuela)6 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCaraballeda (Venezuela)9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Marina Grande is Simon Bolivar International (Caracas) Airport (CCS) in Venezuela, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Marina Grande is Arturo Michelena International (Valencia) Airport (VLN), also in Venezuela, 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Third is General Bartolome Salom International (Puerto Cabello) Airport (PBL) in Venezuela, 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Valle De La Pascua Airport (VDP) in Venezuela is 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Sub Teniente Nestor Arias (San Felipe) Airport (SFH), also in Venezuela is the fifth nearest airport to Marina Grande and is 200 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Marina Grande, Caracas. Use the tab navigation above to view Marina Grande sea temperature, Marina Grande photographs, Marina Grande detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Marina Grande webcams, current wind from Caracas live weather stations and Marina Grande tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Marina Grande.