Marathon Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.2 °C
Marathon in Lake Superior is a fairly exposed point break that has unreliable waves Ideal winds are from the north northeast. Short period wind swells are the rule and the optimum wave angle is from the south.. Rarely crowded here. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Superior surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Marathon
Tide stations nearest to Marathon:
- Closest tide stationShip Sands Island315 mi
- Second closest tide stationMoosonee316 mi
- Third closest tide stationRevillon Wharf317 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNicholson Creek319 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSand Head331 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Marathon:
- Closest ski areaMount Bohemia (United States)114 mi
- Second closest ski areaMont Ripley (United States)118 mi
- Third closest ski areaLoch Lomond Ski Area (Canada)132 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSugar Loaf (United States)153 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMarquette Mountain (United States)159 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Marathon:
- Closest city locationThunder Bay (Canada)123 mi
- Second closest city locationTimmins (Canada)239 mi
- Third closest city locationDuluth (United States)291 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSuperior (United States)293 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGreen Bay (United States)298 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Marathon is Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport (YGQ) in Canada, which is 120 km (75 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Marathon is Thunder Bay Airport (YQT), also in Canada, 208 km (129 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Marathon, Lake Superior. Use the tab navigation above to view Marathon sea temperature, Marathon photographs, Marathon detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Marathon webcams, current wind from Lake Superior live weather stations and Marathon tide predictions. The Canada swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Canada and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Canada wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Marathon.