Manzanillo Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.9 °C
Manzanillo in Limon is an exposed beach and reef break that has quite reliable surf The best wind direction is from the south southwest. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the northeast. Both right (best) and left reef breaks.. Rarely crowded here. Beware of urchins, rips, rocks and sharks.
Overall Manzanillo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Manzanillo over a normal December, bas... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Manzanillo surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Limon surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Manzanillo
Ski Resorts closest to Manzanillo:
- The closest passenger airport to Manzanillo is Cap Manuel Nino International (Changuinola) Airport (CHX) in Panama, 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Manzanillo is Limon International Airport (LIO) in Costa Rica, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is Bocas Del Toro Airport (BOC) in Panama, 56 km (35 miles) away.
- Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ) in Costa Rica is 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Coto 47 Airport (OTR), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Manzanillo and is 120 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Manzanillo, Limon. Use the tab navigation above to view Manzanillo sea temperature, Manzanillo photographs, Manzanillo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Manzanillo webcams, current wind from Limon live weather stations and Manzanillo tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Manzanillo.