Manly Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.1 °C
Manly on the East Coast is a sheltered beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the southwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Often Crowded. Hazards include rips and rocks.
Overall Manly Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Manly over a normal June. It is ba... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Manly surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Sydney North Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Manly
Tide stations nearest to Manly:
- Closest tide stationManly1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCamp Cove2 mi
- Third closest tide stationDee Why4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSydney6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationForestville6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Manly:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields218 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher243 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass248 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo252 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek311 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Manly:
- Closest city locationMosman4 mi
- Second closest city locationRandwick9 mi
- Third closest city locationMaroubra11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSydney11 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSydney International Airport12 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Manly is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 20 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Manly is Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU), also in Australia, 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Richmond Airport (RCM) in Australia, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU) in Australia is 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Newcastle Airport (NTL), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Manly and is 122 km (76 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Manly, NSW - Sydney North Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Manly sea temperature, Manly photographs, Manly detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Manly webcams, current wind from NSW - Sydney North Coast live weather stations and Manly tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Manly.