Manitoulin Island Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 1.7 °C
Manitoulin Island in Lake Huron is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf Offshore winds are from the northeast. The location means that groundswells are unknown and the ideal wave direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Rocks are a hazard.
For Ship Sands Island, Nunavut, 609 km from Manitoulin Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Gore Bay Airport, 14 km from Manitoulin Island.
|moderate winds from the N|
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Huron surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Manitoulin Island
Ski Resorts closest to Manitoulin Island:
- The closest passenger airport to Manitoulin Island is Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport (YZE) in Canada, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Manitoulin Island is Wiarton Airport (YVV), also in Canada, 158 km (98 miles) away.
- Third is Sudbury Airport (YSB) in Canada, 166 km (103 miles) away.
- Sault Ste Marie Airport (YAM) in Canada is 172 km (107 miles) away.
- Roscommon Co (Houghton Lake) Airport (HTL) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Manitoulin Island and is 227 km (141 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Manitoulin Island, Lake Huron. Use the tab navigation above to view Manitoulin Island sea temperature, Manitoulin Island photographs, Manitoulin Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Manitoulin Island webcams, current wind from Lake Huron live weather stations and Manitoulin Island tide predictions. The Canada swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Canada and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Canada wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Manitoulin Island.