Manini Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.3 °C
Manini Beach in Big Island is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. A left hand reef. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Beware of urchins, rips, rocks and locals.
For Napoopoo, Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii Island, Hawaii, 1 km from Manini Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Halemalu Captain Cook wx, 3 km from Manini Beach.
Overall Manini Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Manini Beach through a typ... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Manini Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Manini Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Manini Beach is Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Manini Beach is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 89 km (55 miles) away.
- Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Manini Beach and is 96 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Manini Beach, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Manini Beach sea temperature, Manini Beach photographs, Manini Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Manini Beach webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Manini Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Manini Beach.