Manhattan Beach and Pier Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.7 °C
Manhattan Beach and Pier in LA County is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Often Crowded. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
For Manhattan Beach, 1 km from Manhattan Beach and Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Gull Street Manhattan Beach wx, 1 km from Manhattan Beach and Pier.
Overall Manhattan Beach and Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at Manhattan Beach and Pier o... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Manhattan Beach and Pier surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Manhattan Beach and Pier
Wave buoys nearest to Manhattan Beach and Pier:
- Closest wave buoy39 mi
- Second closest wave buoy85 mi
- Third closest wave buoy99 mi
- Fourth closest wave buoy103 mi
- Fifth closest wave buoy120 mi
Tide stations nearest to Manhattan Beach and Pier:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station3 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Manhattan Beach and Pier is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Manhattan Beach and Pier is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR), also in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 26 km (16 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 35 km (22 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Manhattan Beach and Pier and is 56 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Manhattan Beach and Pier, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Manhattan Beach and Pier sea temperature, Manhattan Beach and Pier photographs, Manhattan Beach and Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Manhattan Beach and Pier webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Manhattan Beach and Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Manhattan Beach and Pier.