Mangahume Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.9 °C
Mangahume in Taranaki is an exposed reef break that has quite consistent surf. Spring and Summer provide the best conditions. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around high tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Mangahume Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Mangahume over a normal July ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mangahume surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Taranaki surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mangahume
Visitor Reviews of Mangahume
Tide stations nearest to Mangahume:
- Closest tide stationOpunake Bay6 mi
- Second closest tide stationHawera19 mi
- Third closest tide stationPort Taranaki32 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPatea34 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNew Plymouth35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mangahume:
- Closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)17 mi
- Second closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)86 mi
- Third closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)89 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)92 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)172 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mangahume:
- Closest city locationNew Plymouth (New Zealand)35 mi
- Second closest city locationWanganui (New Zealand)66 mi
- Third closest city locationPalmerston North (New Zealand)106 mi
- Fourth closest city locationParaparaumu (New Zealand)112 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPorirua (New Zealand)121 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Mangahume is New Plymouth Airport (NPL) in New Zealand, 61 km (38 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mangahume is Wanganui Airport (WAG), also in New Zealand, 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Third is Palmerston North Airport (PMR) in New Zealand, 169 km (105 miles) away.
- Paraparaumu Airport (PPQ) in New Zealand is 178 km (111 miles) away.
- Taupo Airport (TUO), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Mangahume and is 205 km (127 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mangahume, Taranaki. Use the tab navigation above to view Mangahume sea temperature, Mangahume photographs, Mangahume detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mangahume webcams, current wind from Taranaki live weather stations and Mangahume tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mangahume.