Malindi Bay Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.5 °C
Malindi Bay in Kenya is an exposed beach break that is often working. The best wind direction is from the west. Surfable in an onshore breeze The ideal swell angle is from the east southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Take care of - Rips / undertow - Pollution.
Overall Malindi Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Malindi Bay over a normal Jul... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Malindi Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Kenya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Malindi Bay
Tide stations nearest to Malindi Bay:
- Closest tide stationMalindi1 mi
- Second closest tide stationKilifi35 mi
- Third closest tide stationTakaungu39 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKilindini Harbour70 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLamu81 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Malindi Bay:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)1924 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)2060 mi
- Third closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2444 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2447 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)2470 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Malindi Bay:
- Closest city locationMalindi1 mi
- Second closest city locationKilifi35 mi
- Third closest city locationMombasa65 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVoi109 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWete (Tanzania)132 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Malindi Bay is Malindi Airport (MYD) in Kenya, which is 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Malindi Bay is Moi International (Mombasa) Airport (MBA), also in Kenya, 110 km (68 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Lamu Manda Airport (LAU), also in Kenya, 137 km (85 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Malindi Bay, Kenya. Use the tab navigation above to view Malindi Bay sea temperature, Malindi Bay photographs, Malindi Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Malindi Bay webcams, current wind from Kenya live weather stations and Malindi Bay tide predictions. The Kenya swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Kenya and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Kenya wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Malindi Bay.