Malindi Bay Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.0 °C
Malindi Bay in Kenya is an exposed beach break that has very consistent waves. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Handles onshore winds better than most spots The best swell direction is from the east southeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Pollution.
Overall Malindi Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Malindi Bay through a ... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Malindi Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Kenya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Malindi Bay
Tide stations nearest to Malindi Bay:
- Closest tide stationMalindi1 mi
- Second closest tide stationKilifi35 mi
- Third closest tide stationTakaungu39 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKilindini Harbour70 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLamu81 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Malindi Bay:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)1924 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)2060 mi
- Third closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2444 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2447 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)2470 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Malindi Bay:
- Closest city locationMalindi (Kenya)1 mi
- Second closest city locationKilifi (Kenya)35 mi
- Third closest city locationMombasa (Kenya)65 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVoi (Kenya)109 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWete (Tanzania)132 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Malindi Bay is Malindi Airport (MYD) in Kenya, which is 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Malindi Bay is Moi International (Mombasa) Airport (MBA), also in Kenya, 110 km (68 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Lamu Manda Airport (LAU), also in Kenya, 137 km (85 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Malindi Bay, Kenya. Use the tab navigation above to view Malindi Bay sea temperature, Malindi Bay photographs, Malindi Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Malindi Bay webcams, current wind from Kenya live weather stations and Malindi Bay tide predictions. The Kenya swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Kenya and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Kenya wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Malindi Bay.