Malibu Spot ID
Photo credit: TB SurfDog
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.2 °C
Malibu in Kanagawa and Chiba is an exposed reef break that has unreliable waves Ideal winds are from the northwest. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the best wave direction is from the southeast. There is a right breaking reef. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall Malibu Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Malibu over a normal June an... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions thr... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Malibu surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Chiba surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Malibu
Tide stations nearest to Malibu:
- Closest tide stationKatsuura2 mi
- Second closest tide stationKazusa Katuura4 mi
- Third closest tide stationOhara8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKamogawa14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKisarazu27 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Malibu:
- Closest ski areaHakone Picnic Garden Snowboard Park74 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Town Yeti89 mi
- Third closest ski areaKamui Misaka94 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaFujiten Snow Resort94 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFujiten Snow Resort95 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Malibu:
- Closest city locationKawaguchi13 mi
- Second closest city locationMobara19 mi
- Third closest city locationOami25 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKisarazu27 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKimitsu28 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Malibu is Tokyo International Airport (HND) in Japan, 67 km (42 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Malibu is New Tokyo International Airport (NRT), also in Japan, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Oshima Airport (OIM) in Japan, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Yokota Ab Airport (OKO) in Japan is 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Miyakejima Airport (MMY), also in Japan is the fifth nearest airport to Malibu and is 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Malibu, Chiba. Use the tab navigation above to view Malibu sea temperature, Malibu photographs, Malibu detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Malibu webcams, current wind from Chiba live weather stations and Malibu tide predictions. The Japan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Japan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Japan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Malibu.