Malibu Spot ID
Photo credit: Mike Stevens
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.9 °C
Malibu in LA County is an exposed point break that is usually a safe bet. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Watch out for crowds,pollution and rocks.
At Malibu Beach (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Malibu, 7 km from Malibu.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 29 miles from Malibu.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||14||14||14||13|
Overall Malibu Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Malibu through an average J... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Malibu surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Malibu
Visitor Reviews of Malibu
“Best tide/surf/weather site I've found”
Ed from UNITED STATES - 13 Oct 2013
Tide stations nearest to Malibu:
- Closest tide stationMalibu Beach0 mi
- Second closest tide stationLas Flores3 mi
- Third closest tide stationMalibu7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSanta Monica11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMarina del Rey14 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Malibu:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)58 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)62 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)62 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)95 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)104 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Malibu:
- Closest city locationSanta Monica (United States)11 mi
- Second closest city locationThousand Oaks (United States)15 mi
- Third closest city locationSimi Valley (United States)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBeverly Hills (United States)17 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCulver City (United States)17 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Malibu is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Malibu is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR), also in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away.
- Third is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away.
- Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA is 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Malibu and is 55 km (34 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Malibu, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Malibu sea temperature, Malibu photographs, Malibu detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Malibu webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Malibu tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Malibu.