Mala wharf Spot ID
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.9 °C
Mala wharf in Maui is a fairly exposed reef break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west southwest. A left hand reef. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of urchins, rips, rocks, locals and sharks.
Overall Mala wharf Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Mala wharf over a normal... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mala wharf surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mala wharf
- The closest passenger airport to Mala wharf is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM) in Usa Maui Isl., 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mala wharf is Kahului Airport (OGG), also in Usa Maui Isl., 27 km (17 miles) away.
- Third is Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl., 30 km (19 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Mala wharf and is 71 km (44 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mala wharf, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Mala wharf sea temperature, Mala wharf photographs, Mala wharf detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mala wharf webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Mala wharf tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mala wharf.