Maine Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 7.7 °C
Maine Beach in Maine is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around mid tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Take care of rips and rocks.
For Wells, Webhannet River, Maine, 7 km from Maine Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-WELM1, 7 km from Maine Beach.
|light winds from the N|
At Western Maine Shelf Buoy, 10 miles from Maine Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||11||5||4|
Overall Maine Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Maine Beach through an average N... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Maine Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Maine surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Maine Beach
Tide stations nearest to Maine Beach:
- Closest tide stationWells, Webhannet River4 mi
- Second closest tide stationCape Neddick6 mi
- Third closest tide stationKennebunkport, Kennebunk River9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKennebunkport9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationYork Harbor9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Maine Beach:
- Closest ski areaPowderhouse Hill (United States)11 mi
- Second closest ski areaBradford Ski Area (United States)40 mi
- Third closest ski areaGunstock (United States)44 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMcIntyre Ski Area (United States)47 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaKing Pine (United States)49 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Maine Beach:
- Closest city locationDover (United States)15 mi
- Second closest city locationRochester (United States)20 mi
- Third closest city locationWest Scarborough (United States)24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSouth Portland (United States)32 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPortland (United States)34 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Maine Beach is Portland International Jetport Airport (PWM) in USA, 49 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Maine Beach is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED), also in USA, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Third is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Augusta State Airport (AUG) in USA is 134 km (83 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Maine Beach and is 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Maine Beach, Maine. Use the tab navigation above to view Maine Beach sea temperature, Maine Beach photographs, Maine Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Maine Beach webcams, current wind from Maine live weather stations and Maine Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Maine Beach.