Maine Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 3.9 °C
Maine Beach in Maine is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around mid tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Take care of rips and rocks.
For Wells, Webhannet River, Maine, 7 km from Maine Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Footbridge Beach Wells wx, 0 km from Maine Beach.
|light winds from the NE|
At Western Maine Shelf Buoy, 10 miles from Maine Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||11||11||4|
Overall Maine Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at Maine Beach through a typica... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Maine Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Maine surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Maine Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Maine Beach is Portland International Jetport Airport (PWM) in USA, 49 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Maine Beach is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED), also in USA, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Third is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Augusta State Airport (AUG) in USA is 134 km (83 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Maine Beach and is 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Maine Beach, Maine. Use the tab navigation above to view Maine Beach sea temperature, Maine Beach photographs, Maine Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Maine Beach webcams, current wind from Maine live weather stations and Maine Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Maine Beach.