Maili Point Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell WNW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.6 °C
Maili Point in Oahu is an exposed reef and point break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the east northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. A left hand reef break. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of sharks and rocks.
Overall Maili Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Maili Point over a normal February. ... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Maili Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Maili Point
- The closest passenger airport to Maili Point is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 19 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Maili Point is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 29 km (18 miles) away.
- Third is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Maili Point and is 135 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Maili Point, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Maili Point sea temperature, Maili Point photographs, Maili Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Maili Point webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Maili Point tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Maili Point.