Mahoti Reef Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell N | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.7 °C
Mahoti Reef in Tahiti is an exposed reef break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the north.. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for rocks and sharks.
Overall Mahoti Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Mahoti Reef through an avera... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mahoti Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tahiti surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mahoti Reef
Visitor Reviews of Mahoti Reef
Tide stations nearest to Mahoti Reef:
- Closest tide stationMataiva2 mi
- Second closest tide stationMahina3 mi
- Third closest tide stationFare Ute Point, Papeete Harbor6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPunaauia11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPaea13 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mahoti Reef:
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)2577 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)2579 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)2582 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)2652 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2786 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mahoti Reef:
- Closest city locationPapeete (French Polynesia)7 mi
- Second closest city locationFaaa (French Polynesia)7 mi
- Third closest city locationPunaauia (French Polynesia)11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationApia (Samoa)1500 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSuva (Fiji)2109 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Mahoti Reef is Temae (Moorea) Airport (MOZ) in French Polynesia, which is 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Mahoti Reef is Huahine Airport (HUH), also in French Polynesia, 187 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mahoti Reef, Tahiti. Use the tab navigation above to view Mahoti Reef sea temperature, Mahoti Reef photographs, Mahoti Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mahoti Reef webcams, current wind from Tahiti live weather stations and Mahoti Reef tide predictions. The French Polynesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing French Polynesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from French Polynesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mahoti Reef.