Madaket Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.7 °C
Madaket in Massachusettsis a beach break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds are from the north northeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the south. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Hazards include - Rips / undertow.
For Eel Point, Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, 2 km from Madaket.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-NTKM3, 10 km from Madaket.
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 12 miles from Madaket.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||3||3||3|
Overall Madaket Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Madaket through an average October, bas... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Madaket surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Massachusetts surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Madaket
Tide stations nearest to Madaket:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station6 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Madaket is Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Madaket is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH), also in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 113 km (70 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ) in USA is 128 km (80 miles) away.
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Madaket and is 138 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Madaket, Massachusetts. Use the tab navigation above to view Madaket sea temperature, Madaket photographs, Madaket detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Madaket webcams, current wind from Massachusetts live weather stations and Madaket tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Madaket.