Macaronis Spot ID
Photo credit: DANIEL MAWKES
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.9 °C
Macaronis in Sumatra (Mentawi Islands) is an exposed reef break that has very reliable surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the favoured time of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. A reef breaks left. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Macaronis Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Macaronis through an avera... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Macaronis surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Mentawi Islands surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Macaronis
Tide stations nearest to Macaronis:
- Closest tide stationPariaman150 mi
- Second closest tide stationBengkulu173 mi
- Third closest tide stationKualatungkal277 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSibolga324 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAir Musi346 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Macaronis:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)2671 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)2793 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)2848 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)2851 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)3044 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Macaronis:
- Closest city locationSungaipenuh (Indonesia)109 mi
- Second closest city locationPadang (Indonesia)127 mi
- Third closest city locationSolok (Indonesia)145 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPariaman (Indonesia)150 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSijunjung (Indonesia)160 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Macaronis is Tabing (Padang) Airport (PDG) in Indonesia, which is 217 km (135 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Macaronis is Padang Kemiling (Bengkulu) Airport (BKS), also in Indonesia, 288 km (179 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Macaronis, Mentawi Islands. Use the tab navigation above to view Macaronis sea temperature, Macaronis photographs, Macaronis detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Macaronis webcams, current wind from Mentawi Islands live weather stations and Macaronis tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Macaronis.