Mablethorpe Spot ID
Photo credit: Dave
Best: Swell N | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.2 °C
Mablethorpe in Lincolnshire is a fairly exposed beach break that only works once in a while. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the west. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the optimum swell angle is from the north. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for the groynes, especially if semi-submerged.
Overall Mablethorpe Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Mablethorpe over a normal June. ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mablethorpe surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lincolnshire surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mablethorpe
Tide stations nearest to Mablethorpe:
- Closest tide stationSkegness12 mi
- Second closest tide stationGalway14 mi
- Third closest tide stationGrimsby25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEasington27 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationImmingham30 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mablethorpe:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre96 mi
- Second closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club137 mi
- Third closest ski areaCastleside137 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common143 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAllenheads145 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mablethorpe:
- Closest city locationCleethorpes22 mi
- Second closest city locationBoston26 mi
- Third closest city locationLincoln35 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKings Lynn39 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHull40 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Mablethorpe is Coningsby Airport (QCY) in England, 39 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mablethorpe is Humberside Airport (HUY), also in England, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Waddington Airport (WTN) in U.k., 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Marham Airport (KNF) in U.k. is 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Coltishall Airport (CLF) in England is the fifth nearest airport to Mablethorpe and is 94 km (58 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire. Use the tab navigation above to view Mablethorpe sea temperature, Mablethorpe photographs, Mablethorpe detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mablethorpe webcams, current wind from Lincolnshire live weather stations and Mablethorpe tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mablethorpe.