Bruny Island - Mabel Bay Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.1 °C
Mabel Bay on the West Coast is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the northwest with some shelter here from southwest winds. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the south. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around high tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rips, sharks, and isolation.
For Bruny Island - Cloudy Bay, 8 km from Bruny Island - Mabel Bay.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cape Bruny, 1 km from Bruny Island - Mabel Bay.
|light winds from the SE|
Overall Bruny Island - Mabel Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Bruny Island - Mabel Bay t... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bruny Island - Mabel Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to TAS - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bruny Island - Mabel Bay
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Bruny Island - Mabel Bay:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break1 mi
- Second closest break3 mi
- Third closest break4 mi
- Fourth closest break5 mi
- Fifth closest break13 mi
Tide stations nearest to Bruny Island - Mabel Bay:
- Closest tide stationBlackmans Bay34 mi
- Second closest tide stationKingston37 mi
- Third closest tide stationParsons Bay40 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSandy Bay41 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHobart42 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Bruny Island - Mabel Bay:
- Closest ski areaMt Mawson (Australia)63 mi
- Second closest ski areaBen Lomond (Australia)141 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)393 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)393 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)406 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Bruny Island - Mabel Bay:
- Closest city locationHobart (Australia)41 mi
- Second closest city locationLaunceston (Australia)141 mi
- Third closest city locationCranbourne (Australia)385 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)385 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGeelong (Australia)394 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Mabel Bay is Hobart Airport (HBA) in Australia, which is 78 km (48 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Mabel Bay is Launceston Airport (LST), also in Australia, 216 km (134 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bruny Island - Mabel Bay, TAS - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Bruny Island - Mabel Bay sea temperature, Bruny Island - Mabel Bay photographs, Bruny Island - Mabel Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bruny Island - Mabel Bay webcams, current wind from TAS - East Coast live weather stations and Bruny Island - Mabel Bay tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bruny Island - Mabel Bay.