Ma'alaea Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.9 °C
Ma'alaea in Maui is a fairly exposed reef break that has unreliable waves. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. Left and better right hand reef breaks.. Best around mid tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rocks/boats.
Overall Ma'alaea Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Ma'alaea through a typical... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ma'alaea surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ma'alaea
Tide stations nearest to Ma'alaea:
- Closest tide stationKihei, Maui (Hawaii)3 mi
- Second closest tide stationKahului, Kahului Harbor7 mi
- Third closest tide stationKahului9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMakena, Maui Island11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLahaina, Maui Island12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ma'alaea:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2454 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2458 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2470 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2486 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Valley (United States)2488 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ma'alaea:
- Closest city locationKahului (United States)9 mi
- Second closest city locationKailua (United States)89 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu (United States)92 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)94 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPearl City (United States)103 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ma'alaea is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ma'alaea is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 25 km (16 miles) away.
- Third is Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl., 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl. is 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Ma'alaea and is 72 km (45 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ma'alaea, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Ma'alaea sea temperature, Ma'alaea photographs, Ma'alaea detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ma'alaea webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Ma'alaea tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ma'alaea.