Ma'alaea Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.3 °C
Ma'alaea in Maui is a fairly exposed reef break that has unreliable waves. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. Left and better right hand reef breaks.. Best around mid tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rocks/boats.
Overall Ma'alaea Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Ma'alaea over a normal July. It is ... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ma'alaea surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ma'alaea
- The closest passenger airport to Ma'alaea is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ma'alaea is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 25 km (16 miles) away.
- Third is Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl., 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl. is 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Ma'alaea and is 72 km (45 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ma'alaea, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Ma'alaea sea temperature, Ma'alaea photographs, Ma'alaea detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ma'alaea webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Ma'alaea tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ma'alaea.