Lynmouth Spot ID
Best: Swell WNW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.8 °C
Lynmouth in North Devon is a sheltered point/rivermouth break that only works once in a while. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the south. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Beware of rocks and rips.
At Lynmouth (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Porlock, 15 km from Lynmouth.
At Pembroke Buoy, 62 miles from Lynmouth.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||6||5||5||5|
Overall Lynmouth Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Lynmouth through a typical... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Lynmouth surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Devon (North) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Lynmouth
Visitor Reviews of Lynmouth
“In mid winter in 2002 as I came around the coastal road in Devon I saw the best formed surf I have seen anywhere. Better than Hawaii, OZ, NZ, Fiji and Bali. 6ft barrels peeling one after the other +100m down the point with only two guys out. The only problem was the water was chocolate brown and there was snow on the beach plus I didn't have a board.”
regan from SINGAPORE - 27 Sep 2010
Tide stations nearest to Lynmouth:
- Closest tide stationIlfracombe13 mi
- Second closest tide stationMinehead14 mi
- Third closest tide stationPorthcawl17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLlantwit Major19 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBraunton19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Lynmouth:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)193 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)231 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)249 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)249 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)249 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Lynmouth:
- Closest city locationBarnstaple (United Kingdom)16 mi
- Second closest city locationCoity (United Kingdom)23 mi
- Third closest city locationBarry (United Kingdom)25 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBriton Ferry (United Kingdom)28 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSwansea (United Kingdom)28 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Lynmouth is Cardiff Airport (CWL) in Wales, 37 km (23 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Lynmouth is Swansea Airport (SWS), also in Wales, 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 62 km (39 miles) away.
- Bristol Airport (BRS) in England is 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Yeovilton Airport (YEO) in U.k. is the fifth nearest airport to Lynmouth and is 85 km (53 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Lynmouth, Devon (North). Use the tab navigation above to view Lynmouth sea temperature, Lynmouth photographs, Lynmouth detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Lynmouth webcams, current wind from Devon (North) live weather stations and Lynmouth tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Lynmouth.