Lymans Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.6 °C
Lymans in Big Island is a fairly exposed reef and point break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the east. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the west northwest.The waves is a point break that peels left. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for urchins and rocks.
Overall Lymans Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Lymans over a normal A... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Lymans surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Lymans
- The closest passenger airport to Lymans is Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Lymans is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Lymans and is 98 km (61 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Lymans, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Lymans sea temperature, Lymans photographs, Lymans detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Lymans webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Lymans tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Lymans.