Lygia reef Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.2 °C
Lygia reef in Ionian Sea is an exposed reef break that has unreliable waves. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southwest. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of urchins, rips.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Ionian Sea surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Lygia reef
Tide stations nearest to Lygia reef:
- Closest tide stationPreveza15 mi
- Second closest tide stationLefkada22 mi
- Third closest tide stationCorfu49 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSarande60 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationArgostolion66 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Lygia reef:
- Closest ski areaAnilio Ski Resort55 mi
- Second closest ski areaMetsovo Ski Area55 mi
- Third closest ski areaPertouli Ski Center57 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaKarpenisi66 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaVasilitsa68 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Lygia reef:
- Closest city locationIoannina40 mi
- Second closest city locationCorfu49 mi
- Third closest city locationAgrinio57 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTrikala70 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKardhitsa73 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Lygia reef is Aktio (Preveza) Airport (PVK) in Greece, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Lygia reef is Ioannina Airport (IOA), also in Greece, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Third is Ioannis Kapodistrias International (Kerkyra/corfu) Airport (CFU) in Greece, 78 km (48 miles) away.
- Agrinion Airport (AGQ) in Greece is 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Kefallinia (Keffallinia) Airport (EFL), also in Greece is the fifth nearest airport to Lygia reef and is 112 km (70 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Lygia reef, Ionian Sea. Use the tab navigation above to view Lygia reef sea temperature, Lygia reef photographs, Lygia reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Lygia reef webcams, current wind from Ionian Sea live weather stations and Lygia reef tide predictions. The Greece swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Greece and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Greece wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Lygia reef.