Los Pocitos Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.8 °C
Los Pocitos in Caracas is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf. Nov-April (Wet Season) provides best time of year for waves. Works best in offshore winds from the east with some shelter here from east winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the north. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights Best around mid tide. Sometimes crowded. Be aware that the sea here is polluted.
Overall Los Pocitos Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Los Pocitos through a typica... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Los Pocitos surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caracas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Los Pocitos
Visitor Reviews of Los Pocitos
“Buenas playa, de fácil acceso. olas consistentes casi todo el año, aunque no de gran tamaño. exceptuando temporadas de swells o huracanes.
suele haber mas gente los fines de semanas.
si tienes suerte puedes observar tortugas marinas nadando en la playa.
se pueden correr olas de izquierda y derecha.”
Jose L Souto from VENEZUELA - 02 Apr 2017
Ski Resorts closest to Los Pocitos:
- The closest passenger airport to Los Pocitos is Simon Bolivar International (Caracas) Airport (CCS) in Venezuela, 1 km (1 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Los Pocitos is Arturo Michelena International (Valencia) Airport (VLN), also in Venezuela, 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Third is General Bartolome Salom International (Puerto Cabello) Airport (PBL) in Venezuela, 120 km (75 miles) away.
- Valle De La Pascua Airport (VDP) in Venezuela is 189 km (117 miles) away.
- Sub Teniente Nestor Arias (San Felipe) Airport (SFH), also in Venezuela is the fifth nearest airport to Los Pocitos and is 198 km (123 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Los Pocitos, Caracas. Use the tab navigation above to view Los Pocitos sea temperature, Los Pocitos photographs, Los Pocitos detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Los Pocitos webcams, current wind from Caracas live weather stations and Los Pocitos tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Los Pocitos.