Los Patos Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.3 °C
Los Patos on the South Coast is an exposed reef and point break that has quite consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the north northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast.The break here is a left hand point. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Watch out for rocks and rips.
Overall Los Patos Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Los Patos through an average D... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Los Patos surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caribbean Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Los Patos
Visitor Reviews of Los Patos
“This is great spot but now is crowded by learning surfers and many kooks, right on for ripping but come prepared to chop or getting chopped by a kook's fin.”
Carlos king from DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - 22 Nov 2013
Ski Resorts closest to Los Patos:
- Closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1405 mi
- Second closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1405 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1412 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1413 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1422 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Los Patos is Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX) in Dominican Republic, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Los Patos is Las Americas International (Santo Domingo) Airport (SDQ), also in Dominican Republic, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Maria Montez International (Barahona) Airport (BRX) in Dominican Republic, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Cibao International (Santiago) Airport (STI) in Dominican Republic is 138 km (86 miles) away.
- La Romana International Airport (LRM), also in Dominican Republic is the fifth nearest airport to Los Patos and is 143 km (89 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Los Patos, Caribbean Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Los Patos sea temperature, Los Patos photographs, Los Patos detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Los Patos webcams, current wind from Caribbean Coast live weather stations and Los Patos tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Los Patos.