Los Capaes Spot ID
Photo credit: Juan Arias
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.7 °C
Los Capaes in Guayas is an exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf. Spring and Summer provide the favoured conditions. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. There is a left breaking reef. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Los Capaes Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Los Capaes through a typical Aug... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Los Capaes surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guayas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Los Capaes
- The closest passenger airport to Los Capaes is General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador, 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Los Capaes is Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE), also in Ecuador, 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Third is Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO) in Ecuador, 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Eloy Alfaro International (Manta) Airport (MEC) in Ecuador is 140 km (87 miles) away.
- General Serrano (Machala) Airport (MCH), also in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to Los Capaes and is 156 km (97 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Los Capaes, Guayas. Use the tab navigation above to view Los Capaes sea temperature, Los Capaes photographs, Los Capaes detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Los Capaes webcams, current wind from Guayas live weather stations and Los Capaes tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Los Capaes.