Long Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Becky
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.4 °C
Long Beach_4 in Long Island NY is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the north northeast with some shelter here from west winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around low tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
At Long Beach (outer coast), Long Island, New York (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Long Beach, 1 km from Long Beach.
|light winds from the SSW|
At New York Harbour Buoy, 15 miles from Long Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||5||7||8|
Overall Long Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Long Beach through a... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Long Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Long Beach
Tide stations nearest to Long Beach:
- Closest tide station0 mi
- Second closest tide station1 mi
- Third closest tide station3 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Long Beach is John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Long Beach is La Guardia (New York) Airport (LGA), also in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away.
- Third is Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) in USA, 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB) in USA is 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Long Beach and is 52 km (32 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Long Beach, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Long Beach sea temperature, Long Beach photographs, Long Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Long Beach webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Long Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Long Beach.