Logs Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.2 °C
Logs in Sandaun is an exposed reef/Jetty break that has fairly consistent surf The best wind direction is from the south. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the best wave direction is from the north northwest. There is a right breaking reef. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Logs Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at Logs through an average Novemb... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Logs surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sandaun surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Logs
Tide stations nearest to Logs:
- Closest tide stationVanimo1 mi
- Second closest tide stationJayapura42 mi
- Third closest tide stationAitape80 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWewak172 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSepik River240 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Logs:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)2342 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)2375 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)2377 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2380 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)2381 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Logs:
- Closest city locationJayapura (Indonesia)42 mi
- Second closest city locationAbepura (Indonesia)49 mi
- Third closest city locationMendi (Papua New Guinea)290 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMount Hagen (Papua New Guinea)299 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMadang (Papua New Guinea)357 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Logs is Sentani (Jayapura) Airport (DJJ) in Indonesia, which is 87 km (54 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Logs is Wewak International Airport (WWK) in Papua New Guinea, 282 km (175 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Logs, Sandaun. Use the tab navigation above to view Logs sea temperature, Logs photographs, Logs detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Logs webcams, current wind from Sandaun live weather stations and Logs tide predictions. The Papua New Guinea swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Papua New Guinea and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Papua New Guinea wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Logs.