Loberia Spot ID
Photo credit: Ricardo
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.7 °C
Loberia in Galapagos is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. Both left and right reef breaks. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include rocks,sea lions.
For San Cristobal, Galapagos Islands, 3 km from Loberia.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Cristobal Island, 3 km from Loberia.
|light winds from the SSE|
Distant precipitation but not falling at station
Overall Loberia Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Loberia over a normal ... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Loberia surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Galapagos - San Cristobal surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Loberia
Visitor Reviews of Loberia
“You need to get it very early morning and in February through April months for best conditions. It gets big and heavy. When on a combination swell from NW and SE you will get it as a almost perfect peak breaking both ways. If only SE-S swell it will be only a right peak. Gets crowded when small and less on big swells. Careful going left as there is a rock when it's low tide that you could hit if falling right after take off.
Great beach and lagoon for snorkeling and swimming with sea lions pups but careful big adult sea lions on breeding months (Feb) (Aug-Oct) if you see the male sea lion aggressive get away from pups.
Loberia is located at SE side of island (wrong location on your map) [EDITOR replies: Thanks. We have corrected this].”
Ricardo/Galapagosurf from ECUADOR - 25 Jun 2014
Tide stations nearest to Loberia:
- Closest tide stationSan Cristobal2 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Ayora50 mi
- Third closest tide stationIsla Baltra57 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSalinas604 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLa Libertad607 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Loberia:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1001 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1815 mi
- Third closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)2475 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)2516 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)2520 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Loberia:
- Closest city locationSalinas (Ecuador)604 mi
- Second closest city locationLa Libertad (Ecuador)608 mi
- Third closest city locationSanta Elena (Ecuador)612 mi
- Fourth closest city locationManta (Ecuador)614 mi
- Fifth closest city locationJipijapa (Ecuador)625 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Loberia is Seymour (Galapagos) Airport (GPS) in Galapagos I. (ecuador, which is 89 km (55 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Loberia is General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador, 967 km (601 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Loberia, Galapagos - San Cristobal. Use the tab navigation above to view Loberia sea temperature, Loberia photographs, Loberia detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Loberia webcams, current wind from Galapagos - San Cristobal live weather stations and Loberia tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Loberia.