Little Point Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.8 °C
Little Point in San Diego County is an exposed reef and point break that has reasonably consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A reef breaks left and in addition, there is also a left hand point break. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. It's often crowded here. Take care of rips and rocks.
For La Jolla, Scripps Pier, California, 4 km from Little Point.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-46254, 4 km from Little Point.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 50 miles from Little Point.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||13||12||15||14|
Overall Little Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Little Point through an average August... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Little Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Little Point
Tide stations nearest to Little Point:
- Closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier2 mi
- Second closest tide stationCrown Point, Mission Bay5 mi
- Third closest tide stationQuivira Basin, Mission Bay6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Diego, Quarantine Station10 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Diego11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Little Point:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)97 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)98 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)99 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)99 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)105 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Little Point:
- Closest city locationSan Diego (United States)7 mi
- Second closest city locationEncinitas (United States)14 mi
- Third closest city locationNational City (United States)15 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLa Mesa (United States)16 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLemon Grove (United States)16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Little Point is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Little Point is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 16 km (10 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 44 km (27 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Little Point and is 108 km (67 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Little Point, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Little Point sea temperature, Little Point photographs, Little Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Little Point webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Little Point tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Little Point.