Little Bombie Spot ID
Photo credit: bird
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.6 °C
Little Bombie in Newcastle is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf Offshore winds blow from the south southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. There is a left hand reef break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Be warned that sharks have been sighted.
Overall Little Bombie Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Little Bombie through ... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Little Bombie surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Newcastle surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Little Bombie
- The closest passenger airport to Little Bombie is Newcastle Airport (NTL) in Australia, 59 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Little Bombie is Richmond Airport (RCM), also in Australia, 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Third is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU) in Australia is 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Little Bombie and is 118 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Little Bombie, NSW - Newcastle. Use the tab navigation above to view Little Bombie sea temperature, Little Bombie photographs, Little Bombie detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Little Bombie webcams, current wind from NSW - Newcastle live weather stations and Little Bombie tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Little Bombie.