Little Bombie Spot ID
Photo credit: bird
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.8 °C
Little Bombie in Newcastle is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf Offshore winds blow from the south southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. There is a left hand reef break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Be warned that sharks have been sighted.
Overall Little Bombie Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Little Bombie through an average... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Little Bombie surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Newcastle surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Little Bombie
Tide stations nearest to Little Bombie:
- Closest tide stationGorokan3 mi
- Second closest tide stationLong Jetty8 mi
- Third closest tide stationBerkeley Vale9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSwansea14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNarara16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Little Bombie:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)254 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)281 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)285 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)290 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek (Australia)347 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Little Bombie:
- Closest city locationNewcastle (Australia)27 mi
- Second closest city locationMosman (Australia)43 mi
- Third closest city locationCastle Hill (Australia)46 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRandwick (Australia)48 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPort Stephens (Australia)49 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Little Bombie is Richmond Airport (RCM) in Australia, 82 km (51 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Little Bombie is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD), also in Australia, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU) in Australia, 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU) in Australia is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Tamworth Airport (TMW), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Little Bombie and is 253 km (157 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Little Bombie, NSW - Newcastle. Use the tab navigation above to view Little Bombie sea temperature, Little Bombie photographs, Little Bombie detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Little Bombie webcams, current wind from NSW - Newcastle live weather stations and Little Bombie tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Little Bombie.