Little Beach Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(East Coast of Tasmania, Australia)
Little Beach Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.4 °C
Little Beach on the East Coast is an exposed beach and reef break that has unreliable waves. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the west with some shelter here from north winds. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights and there are also left and right hand reef breaks on offer.. Best around mid tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of rips and rocks.
Overall Little Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at Little Beach through a typic... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Little Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to TAS - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Little Beach
Visitor Reviews of Little Beach
Tide stations nearest to Little Beach:
- Closest tide stationEddystone Point53 mi
- Second closest tide stationSpring Bay57 mi
- Third closest tide stationLaunceston63 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSwan Island73 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBridgewater85 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Little Beach:
- Closest ski areaBen Lomond (Australia)35 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Mawson (Australia)108 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)291 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)292 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)313 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Little Beach:
- Closest city locationLaunceston (Australia)63 mi
- Second closest city locationHobart (Australia)93 mi
- Third closest city locationCranbourne (Australia)300 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)301 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGeelong (Australia)322 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Little Beach is Launceston Airport (LST) in Australia, which is 92 km (57 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Little Beach is Hobart Airport (HBA), also in Australia, 134 km (83 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Little Beach, TAS - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Little Beach sea temperature, Little Beach photographs, Little Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Little Beach webcams, current wind from TAS - East Coast live weather stations and Little Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Little Beach.