Lighthouse Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.0 °C
Lighthouse in Sligo is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. There are left and right breaking reefs. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Lighthouse Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Lighthouse through a typical... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Lighthouse surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sligo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Lighthouse
Ski Resorts closest to Lighthouse:
Town and city forecasts close to Lighthouse:
- The closest passenger airport to Lighthouse is Sligo Airport (SXL) in Ireland, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Lighthouse is Connaught Airport (NOC), also in Ireland, 47 km (29 miles) away.
- Third is St Angelo (Enniskillen) Airport (ENK) in England, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Galway Airport (GWY) in Ireland is 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Londonderry Eglinton Airport (LDY) in North Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Lighthouse and is 124 km (77 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Lighthouse, Sligo. Use the tab navigation above to view Lighthouse sea temperature, Lighthouse photographs, Lighthouse detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Lighthouse webcams, current wind from Sligo live weather stations and Lighthouse tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Lighthouse.