Lighthouse Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.7 °C
Lighthouse Beach in Lagos and West is an exposed sandbar break that has pretty consitent surf. Works best in offshore winds from the north. The best swell direction is from the south southwest. The sandbar break provides left and right handers. Surfable at all stages of the tide. Crowds are never a problem here. Hazards include - Rips / undertow - Pollution.
Overall Lighthouse Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart describes the combination of swells directed at Lighthouse Beach over a norm... (show all text)
This image shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Lighthouse Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lagos and West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Lighthouse Beach
Tide stations nearest to Lighthouse Beach:
- Closest tide stationLagos Bar1 mi
- Second closest tide stationMushin9 mi
- Third closest tide stationEbute Ikorodu16 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBadagry35 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationEjirin38 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Lighthouse Beach:
- Closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)1865 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)1946 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)2163 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Etna Nicolosi (Italy)2279 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Etna Linguaglossa (Italy)2295 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Lighthouse Beach:
- Closest city locationLagos (Nigeria)6 mi
- Second closest city locationIkeja (Nigeria)14 mi
- Third closest city locationEbute Ikorodu (Nigeria)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationIfo (Nigeria)32 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBadagry (Nigeria)35 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Lighthouse Beach is Lagos Murtala Muhammed Airport (LOS) in Nigeria, which is 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Lighthouse Beach is Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport (COO) in Benin, 112 km (70 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Ibadan Airport (IBA) in Nigeria, 125 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Lighthouse Beach, Lagos and West. Use the tab navigation above to view Lighthouse Beach sea temperature, Lighthouse Beach photographs, Lighthouse Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Lighthouse Beach webcams, current wind from Lagos and West live weather stations and Lighthouse Beach tide predictions. The Nigeria swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Nigeria and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Nigeria wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Lighthouse Beach.