Leo Carillo State Beach Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.8 °C
Leo Carillo State Beach in LA County is an exposed reef and point break that has consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the north. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. A right hand reef break. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Likely to be crowded if working. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
For Deer Creek, 6 km from Leo Carillo State Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Malibu, 6 km from Leo Carillo State Beach.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 22 miles from Leo Carillo State Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||14||16||14||13|
Overall Leo Carillo State Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Leo Carillo State Beach throu... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Leo Carillo State Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Leo Carillo State Beach
Tide stations nearest to Leo Carillo State Beach:
- Closest tide stationMalibu7 mi
- Second closest tide stationMugu Lagoon (ocean pier)11 mi
- Third closest tide stationMalibu Beach14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationOxnard17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLas Flores17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Leo Carillo State Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy71 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort75 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area75 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley109 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows117 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Leo Carillo State Beach:
- Closest city locationThousand Oaks10 mi
- Second closest city locationCamarillo14 mi
- Third closest city locationMoorpark17 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOxnard17 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSimi Valley17 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Leo Carillo State Beach is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA, 20 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Leo Carillo State Beach is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 56 km (35 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Leo Carillo State Beach and is 76 km (47 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Leo Carillo State Beach, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Leo Carillo State Beach sea temperature, Leo Carillo State Beach photographs, Leo Carillo State Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Leo Carillo State Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Leo Carillo State Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Leo Carillo State Beach.