Lecounts Hollow Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.7 °C
Lecounts Hollow in Massachusetts is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Wellfleet, Cape Cod Bay, Massachusetts, 5 km from Lecounts Hollow.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Orleans, 15 km from Lecounts Hollow.
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 35 miles from Lecounts Hollow.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||3||3|
Overall Lecounts Hollow Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at Lecounts Hollow through an a... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Lecounts Hollow surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Massachusetts surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Lecounts Hollow
Tide stations nearest to Lecounts Hollow:
- Closest tide stationWellfleet, Cape Cod Bay3 mi
- Second closest tide stationWellfleet3 mi
- Third closest tide stationCape Cod Lighthouse, SE of, Cape Cod5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEastham7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNauset Harbor9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Lecounts Hollow:
- Closest ski areaBlue Hills (United States)62 mi
- Second closest ski areaBradford Ski Area (United States)75 mi
- Third closest ski areaNashoba Valley (United States)82 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)85 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)91 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Lecounts Hollow:
- Closest city locationYarmouth (United States)20 mi
- Second closest city locationBarnstable (United States)23 mi
- Third closest city locationNew Bedford (United States)53 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWeymouth (United States)53 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBrockton (United States)54 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Lecounts Hollow is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Lecounts Hollow is Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK), also in USA, 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA is 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Lecounts Hollow and is 123 km (76 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Lecounts Hollow, Massachusetts. Use the tab navigation above to view Lecounts Hollow sea temperature, Lecounts Hollow photographs, Lecounts Hollow detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Lecounts Hollow webcams, current wind from Massachusetts live weather stations and Lecounts Hollow tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Lecounts Hollow.