Le Ris Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.6 °C
Le Riz in Brittany is a fairly exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the east southeast with some shelter here from southwest winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall Le Ris Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Le Ris over a normal February. It... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Le Ris surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Brittany - Finistere surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Le Ris
- The closest passenger airport to Le Riz is Pluguffan (Quimper) Airport (UIP) in France, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Le Riz is Guipavas (Brest) Airport (BES), also in France, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is Ploujean (Morlaix) Airport (MXN) in France, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Lann Bihoue (Lorient) Airport (LRT) in France is 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Lannion Airport (LAI), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Le Riz and is 96 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Le Ris, Brittany - Finistere. Use the tab navigation above to view Le Ris sea temperature, Le Ris photographs, Le Ris detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Le Ris webcams, current wind from Brittany - Finistere live weather stations and Le Ris tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Le Ris.