Le Havre Beach Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.8 °C
Le Havre Beach in Normandyis a beach and reef break that has unreliable waves. Summer in particular tends to be flat. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach break offers mainly left hand waves. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include Man-made danger (buoys etc..) and pollution.
For Le Havre, 1 km from Le Havre Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Le Havre/Octeville Airport, 2 km from Le Havre Beach.
At Greenwich Buoy, 62 miles from Le Havre Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||5||5||5||6|
Overall Le Havre Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Le Havre Beach over a normal June.... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Le Havre Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Normandy surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Le Havre Beach
Visitor Reviews of Le Havre Beach
“Going to Le Havre, France has been a dream of mine since I was 10. I have never been there but I'm sure it is an AMAZING place. I've even written a book about a tween surfing prodigy who surfs in Le Havre. Lots of thanks to my fellow surfers and Le Havre residents!!! J <3”
J from UNITED STATES - 29 Sep 2014
Tide stations nearest to Le Havre Beach:
- Closest tide stationLe Havre1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHonfleur9 mi
- Third closest tide stationTrouville-sur-Mer9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCap d'Antifer11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDives-sur-Mer17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Le Havre Beach:
- Closest ski areaHellenthal-Skiarena Weisser Stein (Germany)287 mi
- Second closest ski areaLe Mont-Dore300 mi
- Third closest ski areaChastreix-Sancy302 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBesse Super Besse306 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)308 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Le Havre Beach:
- Closest city locationLe Havre1 mi
- Second closest city locationCaen30 mi
- Third closest city locationLe Grand-Quevilly43 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRouen45 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSaint-Etienne-du-Rouvray46 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Le Havre Beach is Octeville (Le Havre) Airport (LEH) in France, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Le Havre Beach is St Gatien (Deauville) Airport (DOL), also in France, 16 km (10 miles) away.
- Third is Carpiquet (Caen) Airport (CFR) in France, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Vallee De Seine (Rouen) Airport (URO) in France is 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Maupertus (Cherbourg) Airport (CER), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Le Havre Beach and is 114 km (71 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Le Havre Beach, Normandy. Use the tab navigation above to view Le Havre Beach sea temperature, Le Havre Beach photographs, Le Havre Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Le Havre Beach webcams, current wind from Normandy live weather stations and Le Havre Beach tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Le Havre Beach.