Lauderdale Point Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.8 °C
Lauderdale Point on the East Coast is a very sheltered point break that has quite consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the west southwest. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. Likely to be crowded if working. Hazards include rips and rocks.
Overall Lauderdale Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Lauderdale Point through a typic... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Lauderdale Point surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to TAS - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Lauderdale Point
Tide stations nearest to Lauderdale Point:
- Closest tide stationHowrah6 mi
- Second closest tide stationSandy Bay8 mi
- Third closest tide stationHobart9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLindisfarne10 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKingston11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Lauderdale Point:
- Closest ski areaMt Mawson (Australia)50 mi
- Second closest ski areaBen Lomond (Australia)99 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)357 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)357 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)372 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Lauderdale Point:
- Closest city locationHobart (Australia)11 mi
- Second closest city locationLaunceston (Australia)103 mi
- Third closest city locationCranbourne (Australia)353 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)353 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGeelong (Australia)365 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Lauderdale Point is Hobart Airport (HBA) in Australia, which is 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Lauderdale Point is Launceston Airport (LST), also in Australia, 154 km (96 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Lauderdale Point, TAS - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Lauderdale Point sea temperature, Lauderdale Point photographs, Lauderdale Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Lauderdale Point webcams, current wind from TAS - East Coast live weather stations and Lauderdale Point tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Lauderdale Point.