Latigo Point Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell S | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.6 °C
Latigo Point in Los Angeles County is a fairly exposed point break. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. Often Crowded. Take care of - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Private beach - Localism - Pollution.
Overall Latigo Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at Latigo Point over a normal Augu... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Latigo Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Latigo Point
- The closest passenger airport to Latigo Point is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Latigo Point is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD), also in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Latigo Point and is 60 km (37 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Latigo Point, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Latigo Point sea temperature, Latigo Point photographs, Latigo Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Latigo Point webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Latigo Point tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Latigo Point.