Latigo Canyon Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.7 °C
Latigo Canyon in LA County is an exposed point break that has fairly consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Best around low tide when the tide is rising. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of rips, rocks, private, locals and pollution.
For Malibu, 5 km from Latigo Canyon.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Malibu, 6 km from Latigo Canyon.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 26 miles from Latigo Canyon.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||14||14||14||14|
Overall Latigo Canyon Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Latigo Canyon through an average... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Latigo Canyon surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Latigo Canyon
Visitor Reviews of Latigo Canyon
Tide stations nearest to Latigo Canyon:
- Closest tide stationMalibu3 mi
- Second closest tide stationMalibu Beach4 mi
- Third closest tide stationLas Flores7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSanta Monica15 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMarina del Rey18 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Latigo Canyon:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)62 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)66 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)67 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)99 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)108 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Latigo Canyon:
- Closest city locationThousand Oaks (United States)12 mi
- Second closest city locationSanta Monica (United States)16 mi
- Third closest city locationSimi Valley (United States)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMoorpark (United States)19 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBeverly Hills (United States)21 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Latigo Canyon is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Latigo Canyon is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD), also in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA, 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Latigo Canyon and is 61 km (38 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Latigo Canyon, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Latigo Canyon sea temperature, Latigo Canyon photographs, Latigo Canyon detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Latigo Canyon webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Latigo Canyon tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Latigo Canyon.