Las Cuevas Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.1 °C
Las Cuevas in Buenos Aires is an exposed reef break that has consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the optimum times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights as well as left and right hand reef breaks.. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Las Cuevas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Las Cuevas over a normal... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Las Cuevas surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Buenos Aires surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Las Cuevas
Tide stations nearest to Las Cuevas:
- Closest tide stationMar del Plata14 mi
- Second closest tide stationQuequen60 mi
- Third closest tide stationNecochea62 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationVilla Gesell77 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPinamar87 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Las Cuevas:
- Closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)718 mi
- Second closest ski areaCaviahue (Argentina)728 mi
- Third closest ski areaCerro Batea Mahuida (Argentina)732 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChapelco (Argentina)740 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLas Pendientes (Argentina)741 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Las Cuevas:
- Closest city locationMar del Plata (Argentina)16 mi
- Second closest city locationNecochea (Argentina)62 mi
- Third closest city locationTandil (Argentina)100 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDolores (Argentina)130 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTres Arroyos (Argentina)140 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Las Cuevas is Mar Del Plata Airport (MDQ) in Argentina, which is 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Las Cuevas is Villa Gesell Airport (VLG), also in Argentina, 124 km (77 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Tandil Airport (TDL), also in Argentina, 173 km (107 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Las Cuevas, Buenos Aires. Use the tab navigation above to view Las Cuevas sea temperature, Las Cuevas photographs, Las Cuevas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Las Cuevas webcams, current wind from Buenos Aires live weather stations and Las Cuevas tide predictions. The Argentina swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Argentina and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Argentina wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Las Cuevas.